Apr 2, 2014

Oatmeal Pancakes; 21-Day FIX Meal Plan

21-Day Fix breakfast!  I LOVE this meal, and it only uses one yellow and one red, 1 gray tsp.

I use this most days, as it fills me up and offers that boost of carbs and protein that I need first thing in the morning!  This is my version of the eggs and oats from the 3-day Quick Start, but is SO good that I use it almost daily!

So what I do is make up a batch of steel cut oats on my meal prep days (usually Sundays).  I use steel cut oats because I am TOTALLY in LOVE with the firmer texture, and they are the least "processed" oats you can get.  And it's just so easy to make them!  Add water and cook on the stovetop for about 30 minutes.  If you want them a bit softer, you can add more liquid (water).  Then I portion my oats in 6 containers along with cinnamon to taste and 3-4 egg whites, and sweetener of choice (optional).  {{I love to top with a bit of honey right before serving.}}  Whisk this mixture up, and stack up your containers in the fridge until that morning.  Get out your frying pan, melt 1 tsp. coconut oil, and FRY your pancake until lightly browned and set.  Flip, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on med. heat.  Plate it and ENJOY!!! And yes, you can enjoy FRIED foods on the 21-Day Fix Meal plan!!!

Oatmeal Pancake

Ingredients:

1/2 c. (prepared) steel cut oats
3-4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. coconut oil

Method:
Combine prepared oats and egg whites with cinnamon and sweetener (optional).  Melt coconut oil in a pan.
Fry your oatmeal pancake in the oil until lightly browned and set.  Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Top with fruit (purple container) if you wish.  ENJOY!  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! Does this have to be egg whites? I tried it with 2 whole eggs (1 red container) and honestly it just tasted like I stirred oatmeal into scrambled eggs. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you whip up your eggs first? Try using higher heat, and cover with a lid to trap in the heat. It should set up ok. Maybe try adding in another white or 2 with your eggs and see if it sets up firm. I do really prefer using the whites in this recipe, and use the Egg Beaters.

      Delete