Mar 17, 2015

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Pancake (21 Day Fix Approved)

Peanut Butter, with an oatmeal pancake - no guilt?!  Kid tested, mother approved!  ((ALSO makes hubby envious if I don't also make one for him))  My new favorite breakfast combo - I  steel cut oats!!! If you've never tried them, you're SO missing out! I will never go back to regular "mushy" oatmeal. I make up a big 6-serving batch on Sundays so that I have it all ready to go for the week.  

Prepared with water, I cook according to package directions in my slow cooker with a generous amount of water (6 cups water to 1 1/2 c. steel cut oats). Let them on low for 8 hours or overnight while you sleep. Then they are ready for you to portion out and use throughout the week! I prefer to let mine chill in the fridge prior to portioning, but either way you decide to do it works just fine.  

So I refrigerate in a covered container (or just leave in the kettle), and portion them into serving-size containers for the week. I add in my egg whites (6 whites or according to your plan), season with cinnamon and salt (optional) to taste. Combine with a fork. It then becomes a grab-and-go meal in the morning! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 serving prepared steel cut oats (approx. 1 c.)
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp. cinnamom
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
salt to taste (optional)
Cooking spray
1 tsp. natural PB


METHOD:
1 - Prepare steel cut oats according to package instructions or in slow cooker
2 - Portion oats into serving sized containers. Add 6 egg whites to each container. Add in seasonings to each container.
3 - Heat prepared frying pan on medium/ med. high heat. Using one prepared container, pour into heated pan. Cover with a lid and cook until set. Flip over to the other side and cook an additional 30 seconds or until set. 
4 - Remove from heat, spread with peanut butter. 

This is also especially good with diced apples or sliced bananas if you want to add in some fresh fruit. ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have honestly never read such overwhelmingly good content like this. I agree with your points and your ideas. This info is really great. Thanks.Skinny jeans 

    ReplyDelete