Dec 11, 2017

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE PROTEIN PANCAKES I 21 DAY FIX RECIPE

My kids love pancakes. And I know as a busy mom, I love that I have them to fall back on as an easy weeknight meal when I'm in a pinch for something to make, or for that special weekend brunch. Heck, I love them too...but realize that they don't especially "fit" into my normal dialed-in meal plan when I'm working towards my health goals. 




ENTER THIS RECIPE for healthy Chocolate Brownie Protein Pancakes to save the day! I can pretty much fit this in every single day if I wanted to, because it is totally 21 Day Fix approved, and feels like a total cheat meal! #winning 

And because they are SO SIMPLE, I can whip them up super fast any time of the day for when I need a fast easy meal!  I know living in the midwest, there are days when it's super cold where I just don't want to drink a cold protein health shake, and this is perfect when I just want to enjoy something healthy that's also warm! 

Not only are these protein pancakes incredibly simple and delicious, they are also super healthy!

Why? The secret ingredient is Chocolate Shakeology. So you are not only eating what seems like a very decadent meal, but you’re getting superfood nutrition, vitamins, minerals, protein, probiotics and so much more!


MY FAVORITE PANCAKE TOPPINGS:

  • Pure Maple Syrup
  • Sliced bananas with or without chopped nuts and/or unsweetened coconut flakes, with a drizzle of honey
  • Blueberry (or other berry) “syrup” – just nuke about a cup of fresh or frozen berries until they are hot and juicy. Mash with a fork if desired.
  • Peanut butter, almond butter or (my new favorite) sunflower butter
  • All-fruit jam
  • Butter (yes, real butter – just don’t overdo it, lol)
For those of you following the 21 Day Fix or other Beachbody portion control meal plans, I would count the recipe as:  1.5 RED, 1 PURPLE1 ORANGE

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet (or scoop) chocolate Shakeology ((for a change in flavor, you can also use Vegan Vanilla Shakeology, and add pumpkin spice or apple pie spice optional))
  • ½ banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp. coconut flour
  • ¼ tsp. baking powder
  • 1-2 T. Unsweetened Almond milk to desired consistency

Instructions: 


  1. In a bowl mash ½ banana with a fork. Mix in egg and beat until well blended. Add Shakeology, coconut flour and baking powder and stir well. Batter will be very thick - like brownie batter!
  2. Preheat skillet to medium and spray with cooking spray. Spread pancake batter into pan. Cook until bottom is solid - about 2 minutes. Flip and cook maybe 30 seconds more until pancake is done. Enjoy your healthiest and most delicious meal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment