May 21, 2015

Double Chocolate PB Oatmeal

How would you like to begin your day, indulging in a yummy peanut butter, chocolatey oatmeal for breakfast? I know so many busy women don't have time to slave over their morning meal. If you have just a few minutes, you have enough time to make this:


This dish is sure to be a real treat, and almost guarantees I will set my day off on the right foot.  Why not  make sure it’ll be a good day… by consuming chocolate, first thing?! 
I don't know many people who don't LOVE the combination of PB and chocolate, and I quite honestly could very well have this for every single meal of my day...but everything in moderation, and good healthy balance, right? Instead I just really look forward to morning, so that I can make my favorite meal of the day!

Double Chocolate PB Oatmeal

(Serves 1)
  • 1 serving rolled oats (40g)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp. all-natural PB or other nut butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • extra sweetener if desired (I love using honey)
  • 1/4 cup Almond or other milk to serve
  • 1 T. Chocolate Chips or cocoa nibs
Combine first 6 ingredients and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. When it starts to bubble, stir occasionally. Add remaining ingredients, and sweeten as desired.  
What's YOUR favorite way to eat oatmeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment